Monday, April 13, 2009

Remnants


The Remains of the day

All that remains after a conversation over coffee. For me, the coffee shop has always been a place of exchange, coming and going. We take what we want and we leave behind that which was not ours to begin with. The exchange, be it ideas, banter, feelings affects us in a way that caffeine alone can never hope to accomplish. What we choose to take with us is a choice be it conscious or not, a decision that indicates preference, just like when we ordered the cuppa. Life was simpler when there was only coffee black or white.

"But that doesn't mean to say, of course, there aren't occasions now and then - extremely desolate occasions - when you think to yourself: 'What a terrible mistake I've made with my life'. And you get to thinking about a different life, a better life you might have had. For instance, I get to thinking about a life I may have had with you, Mr Stevens. And I suppose that's when I get angry about some trivial little thing and leave. But each time I do, I realize before long - my rightful place is with my husband. After all, there's no turning back the clock now. One can't be forever dwelling on what might have been.'
~Kazuo Ishiguro

:(

1 Comments:

Blogger fabianlua said...

have u read nocturnes?

9:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home