Sunday, November 21, 2010

Relativity


Where the streets have no name.

I have a soft spot for overhead power and telephone cables; the kind that dangles from poles or that cling to the side of buildings. I can't quite explain the origins of this electrifying attraction but looking at the countless photos of street side cables that I have, I am very sure that the attraction exist. Perhaps it has something to do with the notion of connectivity, that these cables are symbolic of the journey, linking a start point and a destination. I guess to me, the cable is relativity embodied, in that it forms the relational link between a known fact and an assumption; the premise. And our lives revolve around the numerous premises that we make, some for good, some to our detriment.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This photo reminded me of one line from the song 《除了爱你还能爱谁》 by 動力火車 : 城市的屋頂都是天线却收不到从前

1:50 am  
Blogger Jammy said...

Thats a nice line =)

11:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a nice song - if you like soapy songs.

12:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice :D

3:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home